World Kindness Day is 13th November chosen by the opening day of the 1st World Kindness Movement® General Assembly held at Tokyo in 1998, and the 35th anniversary of the Small Kindness Movement of Japan, which had brought the signatories of the ‘declaration of kindness’ of the World Kindness Movement together in 1997. World Kindness Week is the second week of November every year commencing on the Monday and concluding on the Sunday which incorporates World Kindness Day on November 13th. We celebrate 7 days of kindness around the world to include Schools, Businesses, Community Groups and Cities who mark the week on their Calendar of Events to participate in raising awareness recognising and promoting the belief in the very best qualities that define the human condition. Check with your local councils to see what activities are planned
The Big Hug and Other WKA Events also See Kindness ideas and Resources
Our goal is to support Kindness EVENTS and initiatives leading up to the World Kindness Week maintaining enthusiasm and passion which will allow all of us to rediscover “Our Will to Give,” long after the week has passed.
Respecting our differences rather than demonstrating intolerance, inclusion rather than exclusion, hospitality rather than hostility and gratitude rather than attitude will not just be desired in our schools, it will become essential.
“Kindness” will be contagious. It will become the latest pandemic gripping our schools and communities, creating harmonious environments with a “Care Factor”.
Each year World Kindness Week will launch the possibility of positive change. When we forget, it will be our children who will gently remind us to stay the course. Eliminating the fear that brings about judgment, remove the stigmas based on labels or post codes and celebrate the legacy we wish our children to ultimately inherit.
Our success is measured by the difference make to the spirit of a community, a school, home, family and of course a child. Through our best endeavours we lead by example. “Kindness” does not discriminate, it is not political and it has no negative agenda. It is something that should ignite a spark in us all; to remind us we can always do and be better. Those dedicated few working tirelessly to make a difference, will not be daunted by the challenges ahead they will inspire others.
- Castle Towers Shopping Centre becomes the first major Shopping Centre to become a Corporate Member to World Kindness Australia and launches 1000 Co Branded Kindness Cards to promote the Share the Love Event for Valentines Day.
- February launch Fashion Without Difference Share The Love at Castle Towers with Goodwill Ambassador Randa Habelrih founder of MATES.
- Feel Good Feb Acts of Kindness – Linda Pang
- Dr Karen Phillip appointed World Kindness Australia Goodwill Ambassador NSW Central Coast.
- Caves Beach Early Learning Centre hosts Signing Ceremony and becomes new Education Member to World Kindness Australia.
- Wisdom Of Women Lightworkers Initiative Paddington Anglican Church Pru MacSween Daniella Cowen
- Newcastle Lord Mayor Presents the Official World Kindness Australia Certificate of Membership to principal Faculty and students of Callaghan College who signed a Declaration of Support for a Kinder World.
- Kindness is Catching Winter Care Kits supporting the homeless – Linda Pang
- North West Disability Services becomes an official Community Member to World Kindness Australia.
- Northest Disability Services launches ten thousand co branded Kindness Cards at Table of Eight Dinner.
- Horse Rescue Australia becomes a new Community Member to World Kindness Australia.
- BUPA launch 1000 Co Branded Kindness Cards as a positive Workplace Culture Initiative.
- The Hope Project becomes World Kindness Australia’s a new Community Member in Canberra.
- Kate Seselja appointed as World Kindness Australia Goodwill Ambassador (ACT).
- Our Chairman, Michael Lloyd-White travels to USA with fellow WKA Director Yuliana Hartanto and Goodwill Ambassador (ACT) Kate Seselja to present Gold Coast City Council, Lord Mayor, Tom Tate’s Letter of Acknowledgement to City of Anaheim Mayor, Tom Tait to congratulate the city on their Kindness Campaign which inspired the Dalai Lama and Lady Gaga to address 200 US Mayors at their national conference
- 20th International Council Meeting of the World Kindness Movement in Kuala Lumpur hosted by World Kindness Australia JW Marriott KL
World Kindness Day 2016
Sunday 13 November
World Kindness Week 2016
Monday 7th – Sunday 13th November
Give & Take Masquerade Ball
Where: Castle Hill RSL Club
When: on Friday 4th November 2016
Time: 6.30pm – 11.30pm
Organiser: Mel Bel, Founder of Give And Take assisting families in distress
$120 per head SOLD OUT
Conversations In Kindness / Kindness Assemblies
Where: Various Australian Public & Independent Schools
When: Friday 13th November
Organiser: Dept of Education
City Of Gold Coast Cool To Be Kind Awards
Contact Cr Glenn Tozer
Goodwill Ambassador Dinner
Where: Macchiatos Cnr Pitt & Liverpool Streets Sydney
When: Friday 11th November
Time: 6.30pm -9pm
Organiser: Dimi Lekkas Kindness Marketing (02 9362 8008)
$45 per Head
More Details: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Waterline Challenge Foundation World Kindness Day Launch
What Fundraiser for 25 charities through navigating Australia’s waterways.
Where Club Room, Manly Surf Club MC Guy Leech & Layne Beachley
Host The Waterline Challenge
When Sat / Sun Nov 13
Time Launch Sat 7.30am – Sunday From 3pm
Christmas Party World Kindness Australia
When Saturday 17th of December
Where Watsons Bay Picnic In The Park
Time 1pm – 5pm
All welcome BYO Basket