“World Kindness Australia is the elected secretariat to the peak global body, The World Kindness Movement and has been endorsed as the peak National body in Australia. There have been many milestones within a very short time and sees a campaign growing momentum gaining tremendous traction as it promotes grass roots community campaigns as well as contributing global strategies with other nations to create a kinder world.
Below are just some of the highlights to date.”
- Australia’s first World Kindness Week Event; Double Bay Public School, Sydney, NSW. 3000 attendees. This led to 400 NSW schools following suit within 12 months
- Partnered with the NSW Department of Education to host the 6th General Assembly for the 20 member nation peak global body, The World Kindness Movement in Sydney.
- Her Excellency Marie Bashir Governor of NSW provides letter of support for Australia to take a lead role on the world stage to develop Kindness Campaigns
- The NSW Minister of Education places World Kindness Week on the NSW School Calendar.
- May 2011 World Kindness Australia formed and appoints board.
- First “BIG HUG” event in Australia on Bondi Beach, with national media coverage on 7’s Sunrise. Now in Parramatta Gold Coast and includes Cronulla
- First Victorian School to become a member of World Kindness Australia
- Councils representing 1 million residents sign declarations of support to World Kindness Australia
- The Federal Minister for School Education endorsed World Kindness Australia and it’s work to promote kindness to schools
- World Kindness Week placed on the National School Calender
- Chanel 7 signs on board as a member to World Kindness Australia with Weekend Sunrise and Samantha Armytage appointed as official Goodwill Ambassador.
- Attended 7th General Assembly in London and which saw Australia elected as the Global Secretariat for the World Kindness Movement.
- Addressed South Grafton Public Schools 3rd Kindness Week Assembly
- Presented to Sydney University Sport athletes on anti-bullying and kindness in sport – an initiative set as a pre Uni Games campaign.
- Participated in the 1st Global Flashmob in Sydney Circular Quay, Parramatta and Gold Coast.
- Sydney University announced a world first Kindness in Sport Scholarship and inaugural dinner at the Great Hall
- Cosmopolitan Cafe Double Bay becomes first corporate member.
- As the Secretariat invited to attend launch of a $1M USD campaign for World Kindness Day in China
- Assisted and advised the Muslim Community to establish Australian Muslim Kindness Movement
- Gold Coast City Council first council outside NSW joins WKA with Declaration of Support and appoints Goodwill Ambassadors.
- First Qld and Tasmanian Schools join World Kindness Australia
- The Governor of NSW hosted a morning tea for distinguished Mayors and Goodwill Ambassadors at Government House to promote kindness to the nation and have NSW lead by example.
- World Kindness Sporting Dinner in the Great Hall of Sydney Uni. 200 attendees with 2 panels of World Class Australian representative sporting stars. All proceeds went to a perpetual Elite Athlete World Kindness Scholarship at University of Sydney.
- Sutherland Shire Council resolves motion and signs Declaration of Support for World Kindness Australia launching co branded World Kindness Cards.
- Participated in the 2013 Global Flashmob in Cronulla
- Launched interactive World Kindness Card collects stories of Kindness passed on and tracked on Google Maps
- As secretariat, instigated the formation of World Kindness China as the newest member to the World Kindness Movement and invited to advise board.
- Our Chairman Delivered the Australian Prime Minister’s Message to China at the 3rd World Kindness Movement International Council.
- Secured Thaliand’s Membership to the peak global body The World Kindness Movement
- Secured Ukraine’s Membership to The World Kindness Movement
- Secured Switzerland’s membership to the world Kindness Movement
- Received letter of Support from The Hon Malcolnm Turnbull Minister of Communication
- Received letter of Support from The Hon Gabrielle Upton NSW Minister of Sport and Recreation
- Received acknowledgement in the NSW Upper House The Hon Ernest Wong MLC Maiden Address
- Received Acknowledgement from the Premier of Victoria
- Logan City Council resolves motion and signs “Declaration of Support” for World Kindness Australia sponsored by Mayor Cr Pam Parker
- City of Sydney becomes first Capital City to resolve a motion to support World Kindness Australia sponsored by Cr Christine Forster
- World Kindness Australia chosen to Host the 8th World Kindness Movement 8th General Assembly
- Received Acknowledgement from The Lord Mayor of Sydney Clr Clover Moore
- Received Acknowledgement from The NSW Premier The Hon Mike Baird
- Received Letter of Support from the Hon Natasha MacLaren-Jones MLC
- Received Letter of Support from Australian Commissioner for Human Rights, Mr Tim Wilson
- Received 2014 Message of Support from Her Excellency Professor Dame Marie Bashir acknowledging World Kindness Australia’s achievements.
- Hosted A Conversation “What Does Kindness Mean?” Q&A panel Australian Commissioner for Human Rights, Mr Tim Wilson | Ms Eva Cox, Activist Feminist and Author | Ms Pallavi Sinha, Human Rights Lawyer and Academic
- In partnership with the NSW Department of Education & Community and The Womens College we hosted the 1st General Assembly for the World Kindness Movement Youth Council which was held at the University of Sydney. Australia elected as Youth Secretariat.
- Our Chairman and Secretary meet with Prime Minister Tony Abbott Parliamentary Secretary The Hon Alan Tudge MP to request a world first signing of a bipartisan Declaration of Support.
- World Kindness Australia re-elected to second term as Secretariat to the peak global body.
- City of Gold Coast Qld launches co branded Kindness Cards in lead up to the Commonwealth Games
- City of Gold Coast Qld presents 50 x Cool To Be Kind Awards to schools and Community Leaders
- Assisted in securing the first Global Kindness Summit (K20) for world Leaders in Bangkok in 2017 hosted by the Prime Minister of Thailand. Our letter ppears on front page of the Bangkok Post being hand delivered to Thai PM Parliamentary Secretary.
- 1st City of Sydney COOL TO BE KIND AWARD goes to Clr Christine Forster
- Our Chairman Mr Michael Lloyd-White gave the closing keynote at the 14th World Congress for Museums and Art Galleries, ” How to Make Your Organisation an Agent for Positive Change”
- Acknowledged by the French Consular General and French Community receiving an invitation to meet with the President of France during his visit to Australia for the G20.
- PHAN Professional Housekeepers Association of NSW becomes first hospitality WKA Community Member
- Support a new kindness initiative, “Feel Good Feb” by WKA Goodwill Ambassador Linda Pang
- WKA chairman Michael Lloyd-White featured in Medibank Privates Magazine Be Papers
- Signed NSW Parent Council (peak parent body for independent schools) as a Community member. Our Chairman gave opening address at their AGM. March 8 2015 to launch 1000 co-branded Kindness Cards
- Invited to Officiate at the launch of World Kindness France in Avignon 26th-27 June
- World Kindness Australia Chairman Michael Lloyd-White chaired the International Council Meeting in Paris 28th -3oth June
- Present Kindness Cards from Gold Coast and Hills Shire Councils to Counterparts in France.
- Appointed 2 new WKA Directors Ms Yuliana Hartanto (NSW) and Ms Leanne Sanderson (QLD)
- Middle Harbour BNI becomes first BNI chapter in the world to join World Kindness campaign (7000 chapters world wide.)
- Our Chairman in his capacity as the General Secretary invited to meet with representatives of Thai Prime Minister to discuss 1st World Leaders Kindness Summit planned for 2016
- Invited to attend launch of Australian Cambodian Business Chamber
- Signed 1st international company to join the global Campaign for a kinder world. Welcome Konica Minolta
PCYC Qld becomes an official Community Member and provides a youth film for WKA to present at youth rally in France.
- Danebank Anglican School for Girls and Crestwood Public School join the global campaign as education members of WKA.
- Castle Towers Shopping Centre becomes the first major Shopping Centre to become a Corporate Member to World Kindness Australia and launches 1000 Co Branded Kindness Cards to promote the Share the Love Event for Valentines Day.
- February launch Fashion Without Difference Share The Love at Castle Towers with Goodwill Ambassador Randa Habelrih founder of MATES.
- Feel Good Feb Acts of Kindness – Linda Pang
- Dr Karen Phillip appointed World Kindness Australia Goodwill Ambassador NSW Central Coast.
- Caves Beach Early Learning Centre hosts Signing Ceremony and becomes new Education Member to World Kindness Australia.
- Newcastle Lord Mayor Presents the Official World Kindness Australia Certificate of Membership to principal Faculty and students of Callaghan College who signed a Declaration of Support for a Kinder World.
- North West Disability Services becomes an official Community Member to World Kindness Australia.
- Northest Disability Services launches ten thousand co branded Kindness Cards at Table of Eight Dinner.
- Horse Rescue Australia becomes a new Community Member to World Kindness Australia.
- BUPA launch 1000 Co Branded Kindness Cards as a positive Workplace Culture Initiative.
- The Hope Project becomes World Kindness Australia’s a new Community Member in Canberra.
- Kate Seselja appointed as World Kindness Australia Goodwill Ambassador (ACT).
- Kindness is Catching Winter Care Kits supporting the homeless – Linda Pang
- Our Chairman, Michael Lloyd-White travels to USA with fellow WKA Director Yuliana Hartanto and Goodwill Ambassador (ACT) Kate Seselja to present Gold Coast City Council, Lord Mayor, Tom Tate’s Letter of Acknowledgement to City of Anaheim Mayor, Tom Tait to congratulate the city on their Kindness Campaign which inspired the Dalai Lama and Lady Gaga to address 200 US Mayors at their national conference.
- The Waterline Challenge Foundation becomes a new Community Member to World Kindness Australia
- The Waterline Challenge Foundation launches national event for World Kindness Day.
- World Kindness Australia’s Chairman, Mr Michael Lloyd-White with Goodwill Ambassador (Brisbane) Ms Kayleen Allen, travelled to Malaysia in our official capacity as the Secretariat to the peak global body, the World Kindness Movement, to host the 20th International Council Meeting at the JW Marriott in Kuala Lumpur (30th Sept -3rd Oct) The focus of this international executive meeting was on drafting constitutional changes in preparation for the movements registration in Geneva. It was also a pleasure to participate and bare witness of the Signing Ceremony to officially welcome Malaysia to the International table as an official member in the campaign for a kinder world. Executive Members from China, France, India, Korea, Malaysia and Switzerland presented their initiatives.